Percent Dry Weight (Biomass) Increases for
300, 600 and 900 ppm Increases in the Air's CO2 Concentration:

For a more detailed description of this table, click here.

Scrub oak palmetto ecosystem

300 ppm
600 ppm
900 ppm
 Number of Results
 Arithmetic Mean
 Standard Error

Individual Experiment Results

Journal References

Experimental Conditions
300 ppm
600 ppm
900 ppm

Johnson et al. (2003)

Fifth-year aboveground biomass from an open-top chamber study of vegetation growing naturally out-of-doors and rooted in the ground



Seiler et al. (2009)

An 11-year open-top chamber study of a fire-regenerated Florida (USA) scrub-oak ecosystem, which was comprised of a mix of three oak species (Quercus myrtifolia, Q. geminata and Q. chapmanii) that accounted for about 90% of the total aboveground ecosystem biomass, plus several other plant species that accounted for the remaining 10% of the ecosystem biomass



Stover et al. (2007)

Coarse-root biomass of ten-year-plus open-top-chamber study of a regenerating (after burning) scrub oak ecosystem in Florida, USA



Printer Friendly Version